It’s our favourite time of year here in store. Not only are we enjoying the best time for riding, but we’re also excited to be bringing in new models and new colourways throughout the summer.
Following on from last year’s successful launch of the Orbea Orca Aero we’re glad to see the continued development of this bike. We’re all in agreement that it’s one of the most stunning aero bikes we’ve ever seen, and it rides like a dream as well. Super fast over any terrain, smooth, and with the kind of sublime handling that aero bikes are often missing.
From the moment this bike was launched last year it was at the forefront of aero technology. It was one of the very first road bikes to take advantage of the UCI’s relaxation of their 3:1 aero profile rule – meaning that Orbea have been able to adopt more aerodynamic profiles, with the fork being possibly the most noticeable aero-specific feature of the bike. The wider fork, for decreased turbulence adjacent to the wheel, and increased depth of the fork blades deliver a four-watt saving.
The newly introduced disc version means that Orbea now offer a choice of hydraulic disc and direct-mount rim brakes for practical and effective stopping power with a low-drag profile.
Key aero features:
- Frameset tubes feature a truncated profile that reduces drag significantly, while remaining stiff, compliant and unaffected by side winds.
- Clever integration of the headset and stem into the top tube, in a way that allows for the fitting of pretty much any brand of stem and handlebars.
- A seat tube that is profiled around the rear wheel for the smoothest of air flows.
- Multi-position bottle bosses, so that riders can choose whether to fix bottle cages in order to maximise capacity or minimise drag.
- Super clean internal cable runs, with practical service ports for maintenance of all cable types – down tube cable port is also interchangeable to allow for mechanical, electronic, or wireless groupsets.
- Reversible aero-profiled seatpost, allowing for a conventional road or triathlon position.
Along with the introduction of a disc version of the Orca Aero, we’ve also designed our own custom colourway which will be available in store as standard! This exclusive Epic Cycles colour scheme adds another stunning option alongside their already extensive range.
If none of the standard colourways match up with your vision of the perfect bike, Orbea also offers the possibility of a fully custom coloured Orca Aero, at no additional cost, which will be painted and assembled at their headquarters in the heart of the Basque Country.
With their MyO scheme you can get your hands on incomparable paint quality, and an almost endless choice of colours at your fingertips.
We believe the Orbea Orca Aero Disc is at the forefront of a market where speed now meets beauty, and the perfect moment is now to start building your dream bike at Epic Cycles.