‘ATR’ stands for Adventure. Tour. Race. But it could just as easily stand for “All Terrain” riding. Because that’s what the beautifully thought out titanium Tripster ATR excels at – taking in its stride pretty much anything you can throw at it, all while presenting a refined ride feel you just don’t get with lesser frame materials.
With the original Tripster ATR back in 2012, Kinesis UK were an early mover in the trend towards more capable, adventure focused, drop bar off-road bikes and it quickly became one of the most popular framesets they have ever produced. They’ve been much loved companions on roads and trails from Kingston upon Thames to Kazakhstan as they proved an almost perfect choice for exploring, fast and far. In developing the new Tripster ATR v3, Kinesis have kept all of the best features of the previous versions but enhanced them to take advantage of the very latest tube forming and technical advances.
The corrosion proof, and deeply beautiful, bare Ti frame tubes shrug off both the elements and any amount of under-tyre challenges to offer the rider an engaging, super-stable, and just plain enjoyable ride feel. We have tested the Tripster ATR in a huge range of conditions, over everything from short/fast country blasts to week long tours in the Pyrenees – and have loved every minute.
Use the Tripster ATR for adventure cycling, long distance racing, loaded-up touring, audax or cyclocross. Or simply for riding just about anywhere you choose., While its titanium sister bike, the GTD, is all about extending the capabilities of fast agile road bikes to encompass every type of “road”, the Tripster is all about adventure, anywhere…road or not.
Tripster ATR Disc V3 Features
- New Tube Set: Cold drawn seamless 3Al/2.5V titanium tubing and machined headtube, for ultimate strength and rider comfort.
- New Kinesis Range Fork: Newly designed load carrying carbon fork for even bigger adventure. As with the frame, compatible with 700x45c tyres.
- New Seatstay/Seattube Junction: Greater weld area for additional strength and improved aesthetics.
- Improved Cable Routing: Exit window on downtube and cable outer stops replace the downtube opening and plastic cable guide for lower maintenance. Frame compatible with all mechanical and electronic groupsets.
- GW Switch Lever Thru Axles: Clean and simple design with a removable lever.
- New Laser Etched Decal: A touch of custom styling and colour on the minimal branding.
- Anti-Shock Tuning: Flattened seat stays for improved vibration damping.
- Kinesis Rider Fit Geometry: Better fit and more consistent handling for a wider range of riders. Two smallest sizes have a semi sloping top tube for greater seat post extension and greater comfort. Longer reaches (recommended for use with shorter stems) mean there is less toe overlap on smaller sizes.
The Tripster ATR will inspire you and give you the confidence to go the distance on every adventure!
“I wrote that the Titanium Tripster ATR from Kinesis could be the best, or as I put it: the ultimate cycle touring bike available. After riding it across a good chunk of the planet [at least 8500km over 95 days] I feel even more strongly that this is the perfect adventure touring bike….I really can’t fault it in any way whatsoever. Everyday I swing a leg over the loaded up bike and a smile is quickly on my face as I ride into the morning sun. ” WeLoveMountains
Titanium is the ideal frame material for a go-anywhere high-performance adventure bike – it is lightweight, corrosion resistant, lively, comfortable and handles beatifully over the roughest of surfaces and twistiest of descents. And if, as in this case, the titanium is of the highest quality with super-high purity levels it is also incredibly strong and reliable, making it perfect for the toughest of conditions or when carrying a load. Ti has the reputation of being a “bike for life”, but in this instance it is also a bike “bike for all terrains”.
The Kinesis Tripster ATR comes to us as a frame, which can then be built up into a complete bike in our workshop using components of your choice – and that includes the fork. While Kinesis do of course offer a Tripster specific fork (as in the example build above) for all round riding they were keen, given the overwhelming versatility of the Tripster, to avoid being tied into a particular fork. So if for example you need front rack mounts it is no problem to team the Tripster frame up with any number of options from other manufacturers.
> Bikes > Kinesis > Tripster ATR