1. “Mail Order” or other remote/distance purchases: If you are unhappy for any reason with a non-bespoke item that you have mail ordered from us, either over the telephone or electronically/on-line, simply return the item to us unused, in its original condition, and securely packaged, within 14 days of receipt. Please include a note within the packaging to let us know the reason for the return and a copy of the invoice or receipt that included the item. We will issue a full refund (for bespoke or permanently adapted items please see following paragraph), less any postage costs associated with the return and any refund charges imposed by your credit card company. You will be responsible for the returned item until it reaches us, so please ensure that your return shipment is adequately insured.
1.a. For bespoke items (such as made to measure framesets, hand-built wheels, unique paint finishes, or items that are not part of our standard range of products and so need to be ordered or manufactured specifically for you) or any items that have been permanently adapted for you (e.g. drilled, cut, glued or painted) we will not be able to offer a refund, as the item will be unique to yourself and so will not be suitable for resale or return to supplier.
1.b. If your item is delivered in damaged packaging please advise the carrier immediately (before signing for the package). If the item itself has suffered any transit damage please advise via our Contact page or email, or by calling 01584 705042 within 48 hours, so that we can discuss the best course of action. Do not attempt to use a damaged item under any circumstances. Please inspect your purchases carefully, as any claims for transit/packing damage cannot be accepted once the item has been used.
2. Mail Order and In-Store Purchases: If your item is faulty please contact us immediately (either by visiting in person, phoning on 01584 705042 or via our Contact page or email so that we can discuss the best course of action. If you subsequently need to return an item to us or to the manufacturer for rectification or inspection, please note that all of our warranty, sales and service agreements operate on a “return to base” basis, and that the customer will be responsible for any associated postage or return/collection costs.
3. In-store Bike Purchases: For in-store collections please ensure that you are entirely happy with your bike before taking it away, as we cannot offer refunds if you simply change your mind once a bike has been set-up and accepted, unless we have previously agreed otherwise in writing.
4. For other (non-bike) items collected in store we may, at the discretion of the store manager, be able to offer a full refund if you change your mind as long as the packaging is un-opened, the item has not been “special ordered” (i.e. it is part of our normal stocked range and is not a bespoke item), and the item is returned within 14 days with your receipt/invoice.
5. All bike orders cancelled prior to delivery/collection are subject to a £50 admin fee, to be deducted from the deposit paid. Unless otherwise stated in writing, deposits are non-refundable on special order, custom built or bespoke items once orders have been confirmed by Epic Cycles, including any bikes that have been altered to fit, e.g. by cutting the steerer.
6. Changes to item specifications made after a deposit has been received are subject to a £25 administration fee, unless agreed otherwise in advance by Epic Cycles (e.g. if you are finalising some details, or if a particular component becomes unavailable and requires substitution).
7. Any remaining balance will become due for payment once the order is ready for collection or shipping.
8. For additional terms and conditions applicable to quoting, pricing and supply please refer to “Purchasing and Pricing” (here) within our Frequently Asked Questions page.