1. All written quotations are valid for 7 days. Once a quote is accepted and a confirmed order has been placed, the quotation/order price will remain fixed unless changes are requested to the order content or to the delivery destination, or there are changes to VAT rates or import duties.
2. An order only becomes confirmed once a deposit or payment in full has been received by Epic Cycles.
3. Changes to confirmed order items that are requested after a deposit has been received are subject to a £25 administration fee, unless agreed otherwise in advance by Epic Cycles (e.g. if some order details are still being finalised, or if a particular component is unduly delayed and requires substitution). All customers are advised to check orders/invoices carefully before placing a deposit, at which point their order becomes confirmed.
4. All confirmed bike orders cancelled prior to delivery/collection by the customer are subject to a £50 admin fee, to be deducted from the deposit paid.
5. Unless otherwise stated in writing, deposits are non-refundable on special order, custom built or bespoke items once orders have been confirmed.
5a. Bespoke items include: bikes that are not part of a manufacturer’s factory built or standard catalogue range; made to measure framesets; hand-built wheels; unique paint finishes; bikes that have been altered to fit, e.g. by cutting the steerer; bikes that have been tailored with component changes.
5b. Special order items include any product that needs to be ordered by Epic Cycles from an external supplier specifically to satisfy an individual customer order, including but not restricted to: items that are not part of the normal stocked range of Epic Cycles; products that are outside the core product categories of Epic Cycles; sizes, colours or model variants that are not part of the normal stocked range of Epic Cycles.
6. Any remaining balance will become due for payment once the order is ready for collection or shipping.
7. “Mail Order” or other remote/distance purchases: If you are unhappy for any reason with a non-bespoke item that you have mail ordered from us, either over the telephone or electronically/on-line, simply notify us within 14 days and return the item to us unused, in its original condition, and securely packaged, within 14 days of notification.
7a. Returns outside of these timescales, or returns of an item that has been used (even very briefly) are solely at the discretion of the store manager and will be subject to a £50 administration fee, plus deductions for any signs of wear.
7b. Customers are responsible for all returned items until they are received by Epic Cycles, so should ensure that the return shipment is adequately insured and packed safely. Damage due to inadequate packaging cannot be claimed for on transit insurance, and the customer will be liable for any such damage incurred during a return shipment. Customers are therefore advised to contact us prior to re-packing a return on 01584 705042, via our Contact page or by email so that we can offer guidelines on secure packaging.
7c. Customers should include a note within the packaging advising us of the reason for the return, and a copy of their invoice or receipt. Upon safe receipt and checking of the return shipment we will issue a refund for non-bespoke items (for bespoke, special order or modified items please see paragraph 7.d), less any shipping-related/postage costs associated with the return of the item and incurred by Epic Cycles (shipping-related returns costs are currently £50 for bikes and £20 for wheelsets).
7.d. For bespoke special order or modified items, such as made to measure framesets, hand-built wheels, unique paint finishes, or items that are not part of our standard range of products, and so need to be ordered, custom built, tailored or manufactured specifically for the individual customer, or any items that have been modified or adapted (e.g. drilled, cut, glued or painted) we will not be able to offer a refund, as the item will be unique to the customer and so will not be suitable for resale or return to supplier.
7.e. If your item is delivered in damaged packaging please advise the carrier immediately (before signing for the package). If the item itself has suffered any transit damage please advise via our Contact page, or by email, or by calling 01584 705042 within 48 hours, so that we can discuss the best course of action. Do not attempt to use a damaged item under any circumstances. Please inspect your purchases carefully, as any claims for transit/packing damage cannot be accepted once the item has been used.
8. In-store Purchases: For in-store collections of bikes please inspect your bike carefully to ensure that you are entirely happy with your bike before taking it away, as we cannot offer refunds if you simply change your mind once a bike has been set-up and accepted, unless we have previously agreed otherwise in writing.
8.a. For other (non-bike) items collected in store we may, at the discretion of the store manager, be able to offer a full refund if you change your mind as long as the packaging is un-opened, the item has not been “special ordered” (i.e. it is part of our normal stocked range and is not a bespoke item), and the item is returned within 14 days with your receipt/invoice.
9. Customers are requested to inspect all items carefully prior to use to ensure they match the items ordered (including colour and size), as we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges on non-faulty products once used.
RETURNS (FAULTY ITEMS AND WARRANTY RETURNS)
10. If your newly purchased item is faulty please contact us immediately (either by visiting in person, phoning on 01584 705042 or via our Contact page or email so that we can discuss the best course of action.
11. If you subsequently need to return an item to us or to a manufacturer approved service centre for rectification or inspection under extended warranty cover, please note that all of our warranty, sales and service agreements operate on a “return to base” basis, and that customers are responsible for any associated transport/postage costs to and from Epic Cycles Ltd or other approved service centre (extended warranty terms and conditions do not affect statutory rights).